It’s gorgeous back here in Bucks County with the
snow on the ground and the pale white-breasted hawks
hunting in the woods.
They are so stunning I can’t take my eyes off them.
Would you like to be that stunning?
Would you like to be yourself, be successful, and be that stunning?
Here are 9 secrets to Mesmerizing Presence
(and a few more).
How many of them are yours?
- Pick the person whose presence you most admire. Imitate them shamelessly. Adapt their style to yours.
- Read “You Are the Message” by Roger Ailes.
- Develop the ability to make the person you are talking to feel like the most fascinating person in the world (this is huge.)
- Move from your hara, near your navel. Don’t move from your head or neck or upper chest. Carry your energy in the center.
- Practice talking as if you were telling stories to 8-year-olds. This will blow your mind.
- Develop “elegant refusal.” The ability to hold back, not say everything, keep your own counsel.
- Radiate joy. Radiate comfort — the secret to charisma. You are the same in front of Vladimir Putin as you are in front of your nieces and nephews.
- Take a dozen ballet lessons.
- Be 100% present (duh) but this is hard to do. We all live in the past or the future. Few are fully present.
- Bonus Point: Practice feeling your entire body, develop proprioceptive awareness.
- Be astonishingly grateful.
- Let go of being special. (Does not contradict above. See bio of Audrey Hepburn.) Few people can actually do this, and it is radiant.
- Set RADICALLY firm boundaries.
- Never explain, never complain.
- Know you are loved.
- Find peace and live there as often as possible.
- Find something lovable about everyone you meet, no matter how tiny the detail. You don’t have to tell them. Just find it.
May your holidays be merry and mesmerizing!